#27 | August 10, 2021 Healing the Heart Mindful Reiki Energy Healing Meditation
Mindful Reiki Energy Healing Meditation will help you to connect with your heart chakra. This chakra holds the center of love, empathy, and compassion. Anahata is the Sanskrit name and means ‘unstruck sound’ and is represented by the element is air and the color green. Like love, air surrounds and sustains us, in this life.
Anahata is the chakra of positive energy, connecting the lower chakras to the higher ones. When it is opened fully, the heart chakra becomes a channel for Universal Compassion — our True Self. It is here in this space that we invite the infinite love to flow through us, allowing it to heal ourselves and others. The lesson of the heart is that we must fully love and accept ourselves before we can love and accept others.
There is a center in the body where love and spirit are joined, and that center is the heart. It is your heart that aches or fills with love, that feels compassion and trust, and that seems empty or overflowing. Within the heart is a subtler center that experiences spirit, but you can’t feel spirit as an emotion or physical sensation. Spirit lies beneath the layers of sensations, and to experience it, you must go to the heart and meditate upon it until everything that obscures spirit is cleansed.
Follow these simple steps to connect with your heart’s energy:
- Begin by sitting in a comfortable position and close your eyes.
- For just this moment, let go of your thoughts and the outside world.
- Focus your attention on your spiritual heart center, in the middle of your chest, and be aware of your heart as a space. The heart center is a point of awareness where feelings enter. In its essence, the heart is pure emptiness, pervaded by peace and a subtle light. This light may appear as white, gold, pale pink, or blue. But don’t strain to find a light of any kind. All you need to feel is whatever is there.
- Resting your attention easily on your heart center, breathe gently and sense your breath flowing into your heart. You may want to visualize a soft, pastel light or coolness pervading the chest.
- Let your breath go in and out, and as it does, ask your heart what it needs to say. Don’t phrase this as an order; just have the faint intention that you want your heart to express itself.
- For the next 5 or 10 minutes, sit and listen. Your heart will begin to release emotions, memories, wishes, fears, and dreams long stored inside. As it does, you will find yourself paying attention.
- You may have a flash of strong emotion—positive or negative—or a forgotten memory. Your breathing may change. You may gasp, sigh, or feel tears come into your eyes. Let the experience be what it is. If you daydream or drift off into sleep, don’t worry. Just bring your attention back to your heart center.
As you practice this meditation, spending a few minutes each day to connect with your heart center, you will begin to get glimpses of your heart as it really is: silence, peace, a warm glow, or subtle light. Even if these glimpses are fleeting, you will find that your life outside of meditation is starting to change. At unexpected moments, you will feel a wave of joy and well-being sweep over you. You will begin to walk with more buoyancy and effervescence in your step as well as more heart expansiveness.
Press play and have the belief to always expect miracles for the Highest Good.